When you have beautiful freshly pulled carrots, you celebrate them with simplicity. This is probably the most basic recipe I will ever share and one of the most delicious. Perfectly roasted carrots are elegant, sweet, and rich. When accented with thyme butter and a touch of honey, they shine.
- 10-12 carrots, fresh from the garden
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch flake salt
- Preheat oven to 400°C
- Combine thyme, honey and butter in small glass dish. Heat in preheating oven until melted and slightly bubbly. Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- Trim, wash and dry carrots.
- Drizzle olive oil over carrots and bake for 13 minutes turning once.
- After 13 minutes drizzle with thyme butter and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring several times to keep the butter from burning.
- Salt and serve.